- Cold chain vaccine storage up to 7 hours
- 20 litre size
- Estimated capacity up to 120HPV packs (without additional coolant)
- Manual carry option. Also available with a trolley for heavier loads
- Suitable for Search & Rescue; Paramedic Teams; Short Community Visits; and transfers between wards. For increased capacity, consider our 30 litre version
The Large Porta Thermal 20 Litre Vaccine Bag:
Designed to carry medium loads for community outreach, emergency medical and search and rescue, this medium capacity 20 litre vaccine carry bag keep vaccines and temperature-sensitive medicines in cold chain for up to 7 hours. Depending on the number of coolant packs in use, the Porta Thermal Cold Chain 20l vaccine bag has capacity for up to 120HPV packs. They are most commonly in use for community immunisation programmes, ad hoc vaccinations, search and rescue teams, emergency service teams, and paramedics, and for the safe and secure transfer of medication between wards or hospitals in a district.
These bags are in use across the globe with community medical teams and are market-leading in design and format. The bags are durable and field-tested to withstand everyday use, have a wipe-clean, infection control design and material, and are effective at keeping medication and vaccines in cold chain for extended periods of time. The standard 20 litre vaccine bag is designed to be carried by an individual, or also includes ladder handles for carrying by two people of different heights. There is also an option with an integrated trolley for full capacity heavy loads if preferred.
The new updated 2020 version builds on the heritage of our original thermal bag but brings improvements including durability, infection control properties, insulation and handling.
To find out more about the Cold Chain Thermal properties of the Portal Thermal range, please read our independent test result findings
Size / Dimensions:
- Estimated capacity 120 HPV packs *
- Bag size: Internal 395 x 255 x 290mm External – 410 x 280 x 340mm
*This does not allow for any gel packs/coolants
Thermal Bag Durability:
- 250D Tarpaulin
- YKK metal zips
- Metal fittings
Infection Prevention Features:
- Material and inner lining are wipe clean and waterproof
- Manufactured with anti-bacterial, anti-static and anti-fungal material
- Velcro-free design
- Anti-rot stitching for easy wipe down
- Public Health England and equivalent standards
- Insulation Thickness: 45mm
- Internal zip flap to prevent cool air releasing
- Additional internal clear lid with hand slip-in sleeve
- Thick insulation pillow & 2 thermal separators
- Mesh inside pockets for securing large coolant blocks
- Data logger and identity compartment, secured and visual
- Compatible with additional coolant packs
Extensive independent testing has been conducted and full reports are available upon request. It should be noted that time contents remain below 8°C will vary depending on the load, ambient temperature, quantity and positioning of the coolant and temperature of contents when loaded. It is always advised to use a data logger to continually measure the temperature of contents.
Tests in 2020 shows these bags holding cold chain for up to 7 hours, when coolant is used. We always advise using coolant to extend cold chain timings, 4 large blocks and 8 gels.
Health & Safety:
- Double padded hand grip
- Adjustable and removable shoulder strap with padding
- Ladder handle design: height adjusting handles for 2 person carrying
- Can attach to a CorrMed trolley, available to purchase separately