Porta Thermal 3 Litre Vaccine Bag
- Cold chain vaccine storage for an extended amount of time
- 3 litre size
- Estimated capacity up to 20HPV packs (without additional coolant)
- Double handle grip or shoulder strap
- Suitable for short community nursing visits; and transfers between wards. For increased capacity, consider our 10 litre, 20 litre or 30 litre versions .
The Small Porta Thermal 3 Litre Vaccine Bag:
The most compact size in our Porta Thermal Cold Chain range, the 3l carry pouch is designed to be carried in your hand as a useful grab bag format. With capacity up to 20HPV packs (without additional coolant), this compact design is most commonly used to transfer temperature sensitive medicines and vaccines between medical campuses and wards, or to single-site community outreach programmes. The Cold Chain insulating properties of the vaccine bags mean that vaccines and medicines will stay below 8°C for up to 1hr15 minutes without additional coolant. If you require longer periods in cold chain, please consider a 10 litre, 20 litre or 30 litre capacity bag, with or without a handy trolley.
These bags are in use across the globe with medical teams and the emergency services and are market-leading in design and format. The bags are durable and field-tested to withstand everyday use, have a wipe-clean, infection control design and material, and are effective at keeping medication and vaccines in cold chain for extended periods of time. As well as being a handy grab bag size, the 3l version also comes with a double grip handle or removable shoulder strap option for ease of use.
The new updated 2020 version builds on the heritage of our original thermal bag but brings improvements including durability, infection control properties, insulation and handling.
To find out more about the Cold Chain Thermal properties of the Portal Thermal range, please read our independent test result findings.
Size / Dimensions:
- Estimated capacity 20 HPV packs *
- Bag size: Internal 355 x 245 x 60mm External – 370 x 270 x 110mm
*This does not allow for any gel packs/coolants
Thermal Bag Durability:
- 250D Tarpaulin
- YKK metal zips
- Metal fittings
Infection Prevention Features:
- Materials and inner lining are wipe clean and waterproof
- Manufactured with anti-bacterial, anti-static and anti-fungal material
- Velcro-free design
- Anti-rot stitching for easy wipe down
- Public Health England and equivalent standards
- Insulation Thickness: 45mm
- Internal zip flap to prevent cool air releasing
- Additional internal clear lid with hand slip-in sleeve
- Thick insulation pillow
- Data logger and identity compartment, secured and visual
- Compatible with additional coolant packs.
Extensive Independent testing has been conducted and full reports are available upon request. It should be noted that time contents remain below 8°C will vary depending on the load, ambient temperature, quantity and positioning of the coolant and temperature of contents when loaded. It is always advised to use a data logger to continually measure the temperature of contents.
Tests in 2020 shows these bags holding cold chain for up to 1 hour and 15 minutes without coolant. We always advise using coolant to extend cold chain timings, 4 small blocks and 4gels.
Health & Safety:
- Double padded hand grip
- Adjustable and removable shoulder strap with padding
- Collapsible design for easy storage.
CorrMed has more than 20 years’ experience in infection control product development. We are ISO9001 certified, as is our quality manufacturer and our bag designer has been creating transport bags with thermal properties for over 40 years.